Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finished Rooms

As most of you know back in October we decided to finish a guest bedroom and a bathroom in our basement. It was a lot of work and we couldn't have done it with out the help from my AMAZING Father and my WONDERFULLY patient husband!
 This is the guest room. It's pretty small but we did that on purpose so guests wouldn't over stay their welcome. (insert laughing here) It has a closet and will someday be Brenden's room although I am hoping that won't be for several years. I am not ready to have him so far away. Plus it has been really nice to have a place for our guests to stay. We love company! (hint hint)
 This is the bathroom. Please notice the "Christmas Throne" as it is the high light of the tour. When we were looking for vanities for this bathroom it was really hard to find a pre-made model that was the right size and color and price. Instead we found a great deal on a vanity for our upstairs bathroom and ended up setting TWO vanities instead of one. It was extra work at the time but it has really paid off.
This is the shelf you saw earlier in the bathroom. It is being featured because yes, I made it. Steven and I took the wood from an old outdoor bench and made it into this great shelf. We wanted a modern barn wood shelf so this is what we came up with. Please leave your praise and admiration in the comment section. :)

This is also a new addition to our basement. It has a fun little story to go with it. Steven found this Entertainment Center on KSL for $80. With the help of his brother Nick (and his truck) it was brought here only to discover it was TOO BIG to go down the stairs to the basement. After some "engineering" it was decided we would take the saw and cut in half. Abracadabra! Now it is back in one piece! With little proof remaning that it was ever dismantled. TA DA!

5 comments:

Chelsea and David said...

Awesome I can't wait to see your new rooms they look great!!

Marcie said...

I know that you must be thrilled to have all of the construction work done...forever!!! Looks great. I like your shelf. Very cool design.

Kami said...

It's a cute shelf. Good job! :)

Debbie said...

Praise and admiration all around! It looks terrific!

Jeremy Snow said...

very nice and very comfy....I'll have to keep the not staying too long thing in mind for the future! lol