We decided to ease into camping by going to a campground with flushing toilets, hidden electric outlets under the picnic table and a tent spot already cleared. However we still cooked over the fire so the children got the FULL experiance.
We only have a 6 man text (which you all know won't fit 6 people) So Brenden and Regan slept in the back of the van. About 5:00 in the morning (after no sleep for anyone) we all climbed into the van with the other two and played UNO until the sun warmed up the great outdoors to an acceptable tempature.
There was an amazing, and very easy, hike not far from our campground which led to an old apple orchard. The 6 year old wasn't very happy we had to walk there. I think memories of the Delicate Arch hike still haunt her.
By noon I was ready to go home and glad we weren't far from an icecream shop. For first time campers I highly reccomend the Wasatch State Park.

No comments:
Post a Comment